IKOBOND™ DI is natural high swelling sodium based bentonite of exceptional Purity And High Thermal Durability. IKOBOND™ DI is sodium activated bentonite designed to meet the requirements of modern foundry set up specially high pressure molding lines (Flask / Flaskless) and deep drawn castings.
Use of IKOBOND™ DI imparts Low Specific Burnout Ratio in moulding sand due to its High Purity & Thermal Durability than Conventional Bentonite.
IKOBOND™ DI is also recommended when bentonite-bonded sands have to be reclaimed.
IKOBOND™ DI Bentonite does not contain any Fermentable Product and is Environmentally Acceptable.
- Large surface area
- Optimum Swelling and Bonding Properties.
- Instantaneous Gelling Capability.
- Optimum Water Absorption.
- Excellent Wet Tensile Properties.
- Excellent Moldability.
- Excellent Shakeout Properties.
- Excellent Surface Finish of Castings.
- Reduced Generation of Dead Clay.
- Increased Dimensional Accuracy with Controlled Weight of Castings.
Typical Properties of IKOBOND™ DI
|Properties||Unit||IKOBOND™ DI – Typical Range|
|Free Swelling Value||cc||25 – 28|
|Methylene Blue Absorption||Mg/gm||385 minimum|
|Powder Fineness 75 micron||%||75 – 90%|
|Moisture Content||%||10 – 13|
|PH||–||9 – 10.5|
|Green Strength (10 : 4 ) Mixing 3 : 7 Dry : wet with Standard Washed Sand
AFS 60 @ 45 Compatibility.
|gm / cm2||1000 – 1400|
|Wet Tensile Strength||gm / cm2||28 – 35|
|Thermal Durability ( 550 degree ) / 1 hr. Under standard lab conditions.||%||50 minimum|