GIMBOND® is natural high swelling sodium based bentonite of exceptional purity. It is mined and processed in North West part of India. GIMBOND® is sodium activated bentonite designed to meet the requirements of pelletization industries. GIMBOND® is used as green and dry ore binder for all kind of pellets. GIMBOND® offers superior performance as per ASTM Specifications. GIMBOND® contains more than 70% active montmorillonite clay content. GIMBOND® because of its purity and thermal durability perform at its best. GIMBOND® Bentonite does not contain any fermentable product and is environmentally acceptable.
- Large surface area
- High swelling and Bonding properties
- Fast swelling with excellent thermal stability
- High shear and compressive strength
- High Water Absorption
- Excellent gel strength properties.
- Good dry strength
- GIMBOND® provides shape and strength to pellets.
- Quick development of Bonding properties.
- Quick Formation of Pallets.
- Best Green Strength Properties.
- Minimum addition in silica content
- Good Dry Strength Properties.
- Minimum Rejections in process.
- Products specification as per customer specific requirement can be designed to achieve best performance against each end use.
Typical Properties of Various Grades of GIMBOND® AS PER ASTM SPECIFICATIONS
|Properties||Unit||GIMBOND® – IOP Lumps||GIMBOND® – IOP Powder|
|Free Swelling Value||cc||28 minimum||28 minimum|
|Methylene Blue Absorption||Mg/gm||350 minimum||350 minimum|
|Plate Water Absorption ASTM||%||600 minimum||600 minimum|
|Powder Fineness Through 75 Micron||%||70 minimum||70 minimum|
|18” Green Drop Number||8 minimum||8 minimum|
|Moisture Content||%||15 max||13 max|
|PH||9 minimum||9 minimum|
|Blain Index Number||Mt2/gm||–||2500 minimum|
|Lumps Size ( 0 to 40 mm)||%||90 minimum||–|
- Iron Ore Pelletizing
- Suitable for Other Metal Ore Palletisation.
Delivery and Storage
- In 25 & 50 kg small bags
- Or Loose Lumps
- In 1 & 1.25 tonne big-bags
- Store in dry/aerated space
- Mix with good quality water
- Use high shear mixers.
- Insure proper mixing with ore.